After completing the 3rd session of the Advanced GSCC sessions, you will be required to submit in writing one actual case of a counseling session, in which you have personally treated a client with EMDR. The following are the guidelines for your Case Report.
Guidelines for preparation
- Select one case in which you have personally treated a client with EMDR and which took place after your completion of Part-2 of the EMDR Therapy Basic Training.
- The report should be written in English, 500-750 words (2-3 pages) in one of the following file formats – .doc .docx .pdf.
- Include in your reports ALL the points listed below.
- Submit your written report not later than 30 days after your 3rd session.
Points to be included in the report
- Client’s background information / history
- Presenting problem: symptoms/ diagnosis
- General method used (e.g. CBT, client-centered, Gestalt)
- Reasons for deciding to use EMDR
- How did you use EMDR in this case: –
- Number of times providing EMDR, length (in minutes) of each time, and the total number (in all sessions)
- Protocol used (Incident, NC, PC, SUDS, etc). Describe the steps you used as much as possible.
- Changes/improvement in the client’s functioning, behavior, cognitive beliefs, emotions, etc.
- Your practical conclusions from the therapy (positive changes, difficulties, highlights)
- Your reflections, suggestions, and implications
Submit your completed Case Report
You will need a Gmail address /account to submit the report. Use the same Gmail address which you use to participate in our forum, or click HERE to create yourself a new Gmail account.